Welcome to "The Diary of a Miner"; a blog detailing the adventures and mysteries that I, Syeonyx, embark upon in my quest to further my mining and survival skills! It'll be tough, there will be good times and bad times, but I'll always be alive to post my adventures... probably...

Day 1: I've landed in Minecraftia!

     FINALLY! I've landed in Minecraftia! It took a long time on the boat, but I finally made it. I stepped onto the shore and was faced with sand... lots and lots of sand... However I saw that the location I had been dropped off at was swimming in trees and wildlife; I thought this would be a suitable location to begin my travels! The man on the boat gave me a camera to document my findings, and for possible training purposes. He explained that it wasn't very good quality and then muttered something under his breath which I couldn't quite work out, but not that it mattered, I was here to do a job, and enjoy it whilst here!

     I went through the training in my head: find trees for wood, coal for torches and furnace, and a defendable place for shelter. I found an abundance of animals wandering around close to some hills set beyond the beach. There were animals of all kinds: cows, sheep, pigs... it was all kind of cute really. It made me wonder how on earth could such evils exist in a land where there was so much beauty! However, thoughts of landscapes aside, my main pritority was wood! So I went hunting for trees. The good news is I found a small copse of trees not far from the beach landing. The bad news was that I had to climb to get to them... That wasn't covered in the training but I knew how to handle it. All in all I found the climb rather therapeutic: there was the scenery to view from atop the cliff, the sound of running water and the warmth of the sun on my back.

     I managed to strip enough wood from the tree to fashion an axe to make the wood collecting job easier. After acquiring a sufficient amount of wood to allow me to build some tools (a pickaxe and a shovel), I went hunting for coal: part 2 of my adventure. Turns out it's not much of an adventure when it's already there poking above ground. I'm not complaining obviously, I was just hoping to get more exploring done to begin with. With the coal being in a really inaccessible place though I had to go look for more wood to build a scaffold to reach the blooming stuff! Luckily I'm not afraid of heights, and had all of the coal in that vein harvested and ready for use in my furnace. I made a few torches too so that I had some light to see by during the night when I update the training sections of my diary. Now a house was in order...

     I began work on the house, but the time in Minecraftia seems to shoot by. Before I even had the walls erected, the sun began to go down, and the core survival instinct kicked in. I instantly placed torches around my little camp, around the base of my house and around the entrance of a small hole I had dug into the side of a cliff. It is incredibly cramped, but it serves its purpose. I'm incredibly tired, must've been all the work I've done... time for a little kip... if the creatures will let me!

Syeonyx signing off

No comments:

Post a Comment