Welcome to "The Diary of a Miner"; a blog detailing the adventures and mysteries that I, Syeonyx, embark upon in my quest to further my mining and survival skills! It'll be tough, there will be good times and bad times, but I'll always be alive to post my adventures... probably...

Day 26: I built a wall... but they did not come!

     The task force should be here! HoN Co. said they should arrive by today at the latest and still they are not here! I don't get it!

     I woke up especially early to make a little more progress on the wall before they came, but I made sure to check if they were already within sight. I went straight to one of the towers on the wall and looked out to the South and saw nothing! I wasn't worred at this point because they could still easily make it by the end of the day, which gave me plenty of time to work a bit more on the wall. I had butterflies in my stomach the entire day, hoping that I would be surprised to see a large boat or ship on the pier.

     I left Chiron back at the house today; for some reason he was incredibly excitable. I think he may have noticed something is up! Taking vast quantities of stone and torches with me, I felt optimistic all day, and set to work on the wall... again! I kept my eye out for anything unusual - Creepers and the like - because then I would have fresh evidence to show the task force! But nothing... Well, a sheep fell into the remnants of the water trap. This made me laugh for the first time in ages!!! After helping it out, I decided that now it was considerably more of a hinderance, and its use was past. So I filled the hole with dirt and gravel to make sure no other animals (or me for that matter!) had an accident. I continued with the wall for a further few hours until I decided to check on the state of the other side of the wall. It hadn't actually occurred to me to check, but the last time I had a look at the other side was when I got distracted by the walkway up to the house! My initial plan was to knock straight through the cliff and continue the wall to the far side, but with limited time, I had to prepare a different solution: join it to the cliff! It didn't take long, and the solution still retained the necessary security and efficiency the rest of the wall possessed!

     After ensuring that this end of the wall was finished and illuminated, I went back up the tower on the beach side to check if the task force was here... or coming in to land! Nothing! It didn't matter, there was still the rest of the day... Returning to the final side of the wall, I thought about how much land I needed to enclose within the wall, and went with a little more than necessary. I had big plans for an open-cast mine in an open area, and still leave enough room for a forest. I worked well into the afternoon, until the wall extended to the small hole where I had found the mossy walls, and the strange skeleton in a cage! Curiosity got the better of me, and I decided to explore it again! Carefully going up the steps, I noticed nothing new, and continued. When I peered inside, I noticed only one difference: the strange metal cage had gone! The mossy walls and the chests were still there, but the cage was gone! The only hint as to its existance was a small charred spot on the ground where it had lain. Shuddering, I returned to the wall, but my mind had become distracted again, and I couldn't concentrate at all! Even so, I kept up the work until late into the evening, when it started to get dark. I decided to return to the gate and see if the task force was there. Surely they had arrived by now!

     I got closer to the gate expecting to see a tall mast peering over the wall, but nothing. Maybe the boat was smaller than I expected! I opened the gate and stared out onto the pier: nothing! Nothing at all, no boat, no task force... nothing. I went back inside, closed the gate and scaled the tower. I looked out across the expanse of sea, but still... nothing! They weren't here! HoN Co. had said five days. Five days later and still nothing!

     I returned to the house awhile back and noticed I had received a message from HoN Co.

Syeonyx, we've been informed that the task force may be experiencing radio difficulties. We've tried to establish contact with them, but to no avail.

Don't worry though; this area of Minecraftia is similar to the Bermuda triangle. Radio signals get eaten up all the time!

As a result there may be a delay with their arrival, but we've studied the meterological reports, and there is no hint of a storm or anything we, or they need to worry about. Just give it a few more days.

HoN Co. out

     Well I am worrying; "similar to the Bermuda triangle."? Let's just hope that lack of radio contact is the only similarity Minecraftia shares with the Bermuda triangle!

Syeonyx signing off

No comments:

Post a Comment