Welcome to "The Diary of a Miner"; a blog detailing the adventures and mysteries that I, Syeonyx, embark upon in my quest to further my mining and survival skills! It'll be tough, there will be good times and bad times, but I'll always be alive to post my adventures... probably...

Day 4: Priorities are not my strong point...

     It appears I gave a real problem with getting distracted... My intial plan was to survey the surrounding area around my house. From here I would be able to assess where valuable resources might be, and where I am most likely to be attacked from. On the upside, at least I finished the first floor of my house, and it actually has a roof! It seems that distractions are not always a bad thing...

     Afterwards, I decided to adventure down to the weird cliff structure I came across yesterday. I left trails so that I could find my way back, and continued round to the opening. It was huge! From a single vantage point I could see multiple veins of coal, but I also saw dark shadows moving from within the blackened cave. There were tons of animals around me at the time, and I could've just been seeing a few animals within the cave, but I'd rather take some torches next time. That's another thing: I seem to have ran out of torches! Either that or all of the coal I was going to use went into the furnace.

     I went to check on cactus plantation too: they'd grown very quickly and were already showing promise. I just wish my saplings were the same... they're taking ages to even show a single sign of growth... Just as I was removing some of the clippings it started to rain! Totally unexpected: there were no clouds and it hadn't been foggy in the morning either! I ran back to the house and got in, looking like a drowned rat! I'm glad I'd made another set of clothes with the animals hides I collected yesterday... I warmed myself by the fire and then cursed for making a flat roof! The rain would make a huge mess up there.. I needed a guttering. To make use of the fire whilst it was on, I was able to make some glass panes for the upper windows and I fashioned a door from planks of wood left over from the build. Now my upper floor was totally sealed!

     After awhile of sitting there I decided that now would be a good time to extend the shaft under the house, in the cellar. I had nothing better to do until the rain stopped, and I might find some useful ore beneath my house!

     I haven't started much in terms of mining because I got distracted making chests for a treasure room... Ever the optimist, that's me! Gah! Now there's that cow back again. Sorry, it's just that one particular cow seems to have taken a shine to me and won't go away. I've shooed it off and blocked the path, but it seems to have found another way across. All I can hear is scuffling... Better go and get rid of it now then...

Syeonyx signing off

No comments:

Post a Comment