Welcome to "The Diary of a Miner"; a blog detailing the adventures and mysteries that I, Syeonyx, embark upon in my quest to further my mining and survival skills! It'll be tough, there will be good times and bad times, but I'll always be alive to post my adventures... probably...

Yay, I'm a miner!

      Finally, after years of training, I begin my first assignment! I've been with the 'Hand of Notch Co.' for about 7 years now, training to be a deepshaft miner, looking for valuable resources. The job is tough and dangerous, so there's a lot of training involved: how to look for ore, how to protect myself against indigenous creatures and collapses and many other aspects. Of course we only ran small simulations, so there was no real element of danger. But now I've been classed as a fully trained miner and have been given my first assignment. Due to the number of "accidents" that have happened recently, the mining trade has seen a sharp decline in interest... oh well, more work for me  :D

      I got into the mining business from my father: he also worked for the Hand of Notch, and it only seemed right to follow in his footsteps. After a few months at the training academy, it appeared that mining was infused into my blood: the technicians and instructors all said i had a nack for it. I had this intuitive aspect to me which allowed me to find the precious ore quickly, reducing costs and increasing company profit. Although these were only MiNES - Mining in Natural Environment Simulations - where the computer generated a random map. Still... I think I'll do fine. It's not just mining though, it's general survival: the thrill of landing in a strange land and having to fend for myself from scratch. I just hope there are quite a lot of trees where I start; don't want to have to walk miles on the first day...

      My father was so happy when I finished the training academy: said it was a proud moment for him! Brought a tear to his eye... He said mum would've been proud of me too... I really miss her... I was barely 6 when it happened: my father had returned from a mining expedition in Minecraftia, the more notable mining world. He came through the door, we greeted him with open arms, me and mum. Then she went outside with some washing... What we didn't know was a skeleton archer had followed dad home, creeping from shadow to shadow to avoid the sun. Mum was hanging out the washing... didn't even see the creature coming... We just heard a scream and there she was, lying motionless on the ground... That was back in the day when the families of the miners were allowed onto the worlds. Security protocols and saftey regulations put a stop to that... a good thing I always say.

      Dad's told me many tales of his adventures: braving flooded caverns, vicious animals and bloodthirsty mutants. I kinda think that some of them are made up... he spoke of creatures that were as silent as the night, but would explode without a moment's notice... now that I don't believe for a second! They would've been in the MiNES otherwise, nothing to worry about  :D

      I'm on the boat heading towards Minecraftia now. Can't wait until we land, get some proper experience under my belt, the overwhelmingly satisfying feeling of finding my first ore and landing my first paycheck! It's a dangerous job, so it pays very well... let's just hope I don't run into one of my own "accidents". I'll be taking my PDA with me, so I can keep my diary updated regularly.

Syeonyx signing off

No comments:

Post a Comment