Welcome to "The Diary of a Miner"; a blog detailing the adventures and mysteries that I, Syeonyx, embark upon in my quest to further my mining and survival skills! It'll be tough, there will be good times and bad times, but I'll always be alive to post my adventures... probably...

Day 48: I think I just found portal #2!

     Yesterday was rather boring in terms of solving or discovering mysteries and intrigue, but today more than made up for that! It had started off pretty much the same as the previous, but I stumbled across a wall later in the day, which I decided to explore further...

     I don't know why, but I dreamt about the minetrack from the forge to the mine! It's a weird dream, but it's acceptable in comparison to the previous dreams I had... I dreamt how I made it more efficient, but when I woke up, it left my head in a hurry! I sat there in a daze, wondering whether I had just dreamt about a minetrack... Shaking it loose from my attention, I got up and went downstairs. After yesterday's delicious "distraction", I decided that today would be a good time to get back into the mine and look for the other portal! I felt like today was a day to get things done, but my only worry was how I was going to destroy the portal... I had used a rather potent TNT mixture - apparently - last time, and it had more less obliterated the portal, but then again I had used all that I had been given... If I was going to destroy the other portals, I was going to have procure some explosive from somewhere, but I would cross that hurdle when I got there...

     As I got to the forge, I had a revelation! It wasn't a very big one, and now I think about, it probably wasn't a very efficient introduction to the minetrack, but at the time I thought it was brilliant. I hated the way the minetrack crossed over the cobble path I had already laid out that went towards the back gate... I had two ways of getting round that; either go under the path or go over it! If I went over it might be an eyesore, and might be dangerous, however going underneath might reduce the structural integrity of the path! In the end, I went with the former, and headed towards the After half an hour or so, I had pulled up the previous track and erected a small bridge for the track to go over. I left enough room to pass underneath the bridge comfortably...

     After a thorough test from both directions, I was happy with the structure and decided that the time for procrastination was over! I went over to the mine and descended the winding staircase, past the barricade, until I reached the section I had got to yesterday; I had decided against the aesthetics of keeping the top totally exposed, and now left the majority of the new tunnel with a stone ceiling! If and when I found the portal, I could continue the work on the aesthetics and expand the mine out further. With my trusty diamond pickaxe in hand - which the handle of which was beginning to look rather shabby - I continued my quest to find the remaining portals! I was working on the wall for a considerable amount of time, and had shifted lots of stone, dirt and gravel! I had found the same types of ore I was intially expecting to find, but nothing that I wanted. I really wanted to find some gold, because then I could look into a powered minetrack! I would need to look into the mechanics of it, and probably contact HoN Co., but I'm sure I would have all the available resources to construct it! As I was distracted by this thought, my pickaxe made a low, resonant thunk sound, and I stopped... I continued mining around the wall for a bit to see if the same noise was produced, to find it was. After picking at the hole I had made, a dark purple material became exposed from beneath the stone, and I stood back... I had found obsidian! Obsidian was an incredibly rare stone, occurring in locations where the needs were met! It was unlikely I had just mined into a place where lava and water met, and I continued mining around until I had exposed the entire tunnel-sized section of the wall! I had definately found something...

     I didn't have any TNT... just my diamond pickaxe! I would need to mine this out manually, and it may take some time! The other obsidian wall I had found back on the small island had been quite thick. It had also travelled in a downward direction... however, after a few minutes mining, I had deduced it would likely only go in a single direction. After an hour I had made a sizeable chunk in the wall, but progress was slow, hampered by the fact that my arms ached from yesterday... I continued nonetheless, all the while waiting for a familiar low hollow thunk sound to indicate the end of the wall!

     As the hours passed, I gave up mining the entire exposed obsidian wall, and began to mine a small shaft into the wall, big enough for me to fit into... It didn't seem to take any shorter length of time, but it meant that the shaft of the pickaxe would be preserved for a short while... Then, as if by some cosmological force of irony - Sod's law probably! - the pickaxe handle snapped! The head had barely worn down at all, so I took it back to the half-way point to fix it. Luckily I had a stockpile of wood in one of the chests and I had a brand new handle for the pickaxe! I had begun to wonder if there were other varieties of trees in the area! I had mainly only used oak and pine, but I had sometimes seen leaves of other trees float past. It might be worth exploring at some point! I went back down to the wall and continued, but a few minutes into it, it began to rain... I didn't really want to get back to the house in the dark whilst it was raining, so I decided to call it a day at where I left off; the wall had a decent chunk missing, and it was only a matter of time before I got through!

     I returned home, admiring my new minetrack bridge as I passed, and then I remembered something missing; the forest... When I was on the island, the forest had disappeared, burned down more accurately, and I hadn't replanted it yet! Maybe, if I found time tomorrow, I would replant it then... I mean, with the bone instant grow method, I could regrow the forest in a matter of minutes rather than years that it would normally take... As I got home, I took the last slice of cake upstairs to my bedroom and ate it whilst staring out across the sea from the balcony. There was no visible sight of anything left on that island, not from this distance anyway... From here it looked like another bit of island that had an arbitrary amount of life and interest... I finished the cake and went in to contact HoN Co. about the portals and the book I received. I still don't know who THEROS is, and it seemed like they were unlikely to reveal themselves, so if I needed TNT I was stuck! They can't exactly give me anymore... They probably don't know I used it all on the first portal, so I will probably need to go and procure some myself. This my involve getting up close and personal with a Creeper! If I could trap one, maybe I could study it, or let HoN Co. study them! I don't know how I'd trap one though...

     The message has been sent, along with all the information I have found out or discovered within the last few days... They will know about the storyline stated in the book, they will know about the figure, THEROS... surely enough to send another team down! I'll probably have to wait a few days whilst they "check the records" but at least I have something to busy myself with!

Syeonyx signing off

No comments:

Post a Comment