Welcome to "The Diary of a Miner"; a blog detailing the adventures and mysteries that I, Syeonyx, embark upon in my quest to further my mining and survival skills! It'll be tough, there will be good times and bad times, but I'll always be alive to post my adventures... probably...

Day 83: We're in way over our heads...

     Despite everything that has happened within the last few days, I slept remarkably well! Yesterday I was made a Brother of the Lone 7 to take the place of Jonas McElderry, also known as SEVERE. Now that the L7 is back up to strength, COLUS says it is time to begin the hard work to bring HoN Co. down! I don't quite get what he means by this, but I assume it just means to stop them acting out their evil plan... After learning what HoN Co. does to miners who have lost their usefulness, I'm game!

     After another delicious breakfast, we all met in the discussion room to finalise the plan for today's mission. Well, all except for OROTHO who never seems to eat, sleep or do anything else apart from experiment and gather research! ME, THEROS and UOPETA are going to set out towards the North to find a tower that is rumoured to be placed near to the master portal. After learning about what the master portal is used for, I'm definitely ready to go! If it can really do what is theorised, the safety of all Minecraftia, and everything that lives here is at stake! If it is activated, Minecraftia will mutate into the Nether, where HoN Co. would have access to powerful energy resources, literally untapped! COLUS spread out a map across the table, and ringed through main locations to the North of us. From the map they all seemed like natural locations: sandy beaches of dark stone for cliffs or bare floor. It was difficult to determine the location of much from an aerial view map, but it was the best we had. It would have to do.


     We had decided that it would be best to take as little as possible, being able to travel faster if we traveled light. We would head to the first location due North of the base, head East to the second, and then proceed North East to the last location. If we found nothing at any of the sights, we would assess the map in the field, and attempt another search. UOPETA was keen to see how I performed by being stealthy and when under pressure. But they said I would be fine if I followed their instructions to the letter. Well, if UOPETA had really been following me for many weeks without me knowing, it would be best to listen to him! He obviously knew what he was doing.

"If we move fast, we should be able to check all three locations before nightfall. We might even manage to get back as well. The more time we spent out there, the more risk we expose ourselves to. THEROS, you know what to do. You've been along with me before. SYEONYX? Just follow us!"

I understood that the success of this mission would be a pivotal point in the battle to stop HoN Co., and I didn't want to be the one to mess it up! After finishing up, we headed off to our rooms to fetch the vital supplies we needed. Turns out, the only things I needed were the bow and quiver! I ensured it was fully stocked and threw it over my shoulder. Chiron was intrigued by what I was doing, and wanted to come along, but I managed to keep him in the room. He looked a little down, but he would brighten up when I got back. If I got back... Maybe Chiron can play with the other wolf... Which I still hadn't seen yet! I met THEROS and UOPETA in the discussion room, before heading towards the exit. A flick of the switch and the barricade shifted into the ceiling. We passed over the lava river and then everything settled back into place; the barricade came back down, and the sand slipped back beneath the lava. THEROS pulled another lever, and we waited at the base of the ladder.

"We need to give the walkway adequate time to drain. The last thing we need is a flood down here!"

After a few moments, THEROS gave the all clear, and one by one we ascended. As we got closer to the hatch, sunlight streamed down through the little glass windows in the hatch. Today was going to be very interesting!

     THEROS and UOPETA are fast! I mean really fast! I don't know how they do it. They sprinted from cover to cover, always effortless and without a sound! I cringed at every noise made by my footsteps, but I was never pulled up about it. They waited patiently behind trees, under outcrops and small sand dunes, allowing me to catch up. It really put into perspective how out of shape I was! I eventually got into the swing of things, and despite being short of breath, I was finding it easier to keep up. We continued heading North... I think... I couldn't tell. UOPETA seemed to know where he was going all the time, and we hadn't brought a map or a compass! Then again, if you spend enough time hiding from someone, having to constantly move around, you get to know the lay of the land. I don't know how much time elapsed until we reached the first location. I don't think it was long; with all the running and hiding, and the adrenaline coursing through my veins, I lost track of time very easily, however the position of the sun put it at about 10 o'clock maybe. From this, I was able to confirm we were heading North, not that I was doubting UOPETA's sense of direction! When we got there, I could tell that we weren't in the right place. If the master portal could only be activated by an electrostatic discharge from a thunderstorm, there would need to be a huge metal tower nearby. Where we were was a small secluded patch of sand and gravel, surrounded by trees. There wasn't any hint of a tower or any other metal structures nearby, so we quickly moved on, ever vigilantly looking out for guards. I knew that if this master portal was as important as they made out, they wouldn't leave it open. There would be guards crawling all over the surrounding area! That, or the tower was on a remote island which was impossible to get to without being spotted! After thinking about this, I eventually went with the former...

     We've been going now for about two to three hours, a considerably shorter time than if I was doing this alone! We had headed off East immediately after finding nothing at the first location. This next one was located on another sandy beach area, closer to the shore than the previous one. Close to the water was an actual island, which we would be able to see from the shore. If there was a tower on there, we would see it! The tree line grew incredibly dense, and UOPETA had slowed down. If I didn't know any better, he was on to something! After a short while, there was a gap in the treeline, and sunlight poured through the opening. As I gazed up into the sky from my hidden location to check the time, something caught my eye. I thought it was a strange reflection fro something far away, but turning to look in the direction, I saw what could only be described as a claw grasping at the sky!

     I pointed this out to THEROS and UOPETA, but they just nodded silently. Had they seen it too? Or was something else making them act more quietly than usual? We slowly proceeded in the direction of the strange object, darting from tree to tree, never getting up from a crouching stance. As the treeline grew thinner, we slowed down to a crawl. From where I was, I could hear voices. We passed the last few lines of trees until we were only a hundred metres of so from the structure. From where I was I could see a huge stone base, with a metal tower extending high into the sky, ending with a giant claw-like antennae. UOPETA motioned to continue round, and we navigated around the entire stone base, remaining hidden behind the treeline. As we went around, I kept an eye on the guards and the location of an entrance. Eventually we came around to the last side. There were three guards nearby, but still no entrance. How were we to get into something that had no door?!?!

Syeonyx signing off

No comments:

Post a Comment